- 8 ounces (1 cup) softened butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, stir before measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sour cream, light or full fat
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- juice and zest of 2 lemons, about 5 to 6 tablespoons juice and 1 tablespoon finely grated zest
- juice of 1 lemon, about 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Heat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
Cream butter with granulated sugar until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, along with half of the sour cream. Beat until well blended. Repeat with another 1/3 of the flour mixture and the remaining sour cream, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until smooth and well blended.
Fold in the 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers and the juice and zest of 2 lemons. Spoon into the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Heat lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon) and 2 teaspoons lavender flowers in the microwave or on stovetop. Strain out flowers; set juice aside and discard the flowers.
In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, hot lemon juice, and enough hot water to make a good drizzling consistency. Drizzle over the cooled (can be slightly warm) cake.