You can use the gingersnap crust or make a graham cracker crust for this pie. This is a great choice for a holiday dessert.
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs, about 20 to 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Pumpkin Layer
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- dash ground nutmeg
- dash salt
Combine gingersnap crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Combine softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla, blending with electric mixer. Blend in egg. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust. Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl; mix to blend well. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set.
Chill. Serve with whipped topping or whipped cream.