- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- dash nutmeg
- 1 cup half-and-half, or 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
In a mixing bowl blend oats with flour, brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Work oil in until well blended. Pat into the prepared pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned around the edges. Remove from the oven.
Whisk together the 1/3 cup brown sugar and granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, and spices. Blend in half and half unitil smooth, then blend in the pumpkin.
Pour the filling mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 10 minutes at 425° F. Reduce oven temperature to 350° F and bake for 30 to 40 minutes longer, or until the filling set. A knife inserted into the center of the pie will come out clean.