These pumpkin cupcakes are a perfect choice for a Halloween party treat or fall dessert.
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup mashed cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in mashed pumpkin.
Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Frost with cream cheese frosting
, whipped cream
, or leave plain.
Makes about 24 cupcakes.
Pumpkin Pound Cake With Maple Pecan Glaze
Pumpkin Cake With Browned Butter Icing
Pumpkin Mini Cupcakes
Pumpkin Cake With Broiled Coconut Topping
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake