- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, fresh mashed or canned
- 1/3 cup milk
- prepared frosting
In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together. Add egg, beating well. Beat in pumpkin puree. Add dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, until well blended. Line 2 mini muffin pans with 30 to 36 mini muffin liners. Fill each lined cup about 2/3 full.
Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cakes bounce back when lightly touched in the center.
Force buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting through a decorator's star tip, if desired, or frost with a spatula. Makes 30 to 36 mini pumpkin cupcakes.