- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts
Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until blended. Stir in raisins or cranberries and chopped nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges and set. Cool for a few minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.