Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 1 cup chopped purple onion
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups sharp Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs, beaten
In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Cook the onion until just tender. Add chopped chard and continue cooking, stirring, until the chard is wilted. Toss with the salt and pepper and crumbled bacon. Stir in the cheese and beaten eggs.
Pour into the prepared pie plate. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the quiche is firm and lightly browned around the edges.