- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 8 strips lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan. Trim edges, leaving a little overhang, about 1/4-inch all around the edge. Prick dough with a fork. Line with foil and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Bake quiche crust for 10 minutes at 375°.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, and pepper. Pour into the baked crust. Crumble bacon over the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes, or until quiche filling is set and top is lightly browned. Serve the quiche with fresh tomato wedges or a tossed salad.
Quiche serves 8.
Crustless Broccoli Quiche
Broccoli and Ham Quiche Recipe
Turkey Quiche With Peppers and Green Onions
Crustless Chard and Bacon Quiche
Quiche Recipe Index
Main Recipe Index