- 1 piecrust, 9-inch, homemade or purchased
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, button or portabella, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped ramps, white and green
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces Cheddar or blend of Cheddar, Monterey Jack, and Colby cheeses
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
In a large skillet, cook the diced bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoon of the bacon drippings. Add the mushrooms and ramps to the skillet and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute longer. Spoon the cooked vegetables into the crust; top with the cheese.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and nutmeg. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese layer and gently use a spoon to help the egg mixture sink into the vegetables.
Set the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
Serves 6 to 8.
More About Ramps and Wild Leeks
About Wild Garlic
More Quiche Recipes
Crustless Broccoli Quiche
Turkey Quiche With Peppers and Green Onions
Crustless Chard and Bacon Quiche
Quiche Recipe Index
Brunch and Breakfast Casseroles, Quiches, and French Toast Bake Recipes