This is a wonderful quick bread, moist and flavorful. Chill this bread for easier cutting.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-9 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, stir before measuring
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cream together the sugar and butter; add eggs and beat just until blended. Stir in the undrained pineapple, vanilla, and 1 cup chopped nuts. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir sifted mixture into pineapple mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into a well-buttered loaf pan. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Bake for about 1 hour. To test for doneness, stick a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
Cool thoroughly before cutting. Chilling makes this bread easier to cut.
More Pineapple Recipes
Sandy's Pineapple Chess Pie
Pineapple Cheese Bars
Tropical Oatmeal Cookies
Pineapple Pound Cake