- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup grated coconut, or use flaked
- 3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts, divided
- Cinnamon sugar, for topping
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly; beat in the milk, vanilla, pineapple, and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir into the first mixture until moistened. Stir in the butter, coconut, and all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chopped macadamia nuts, stirring just until well blended. Sprinkle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of reserved macadamia nuts and sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
Cool in the pan. Remove and wrap in foil. If freezing, seal the wrapped bread in a freezer bag.