Pear preserves and a little wine or juice make this glazed chicken easy and delicious.
- 1 roasting chicken, about 5 to 6 pounds
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 to 3 ribs celery, cut in chunks
- herb and garlic seasoning mixture
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pear preserves (or peach preserves)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or a fruit juice such as apple juice or orange juice)
Wash chicken and pat dry. Season all over with the herb and garlic seasoning mixture and salt and pepper. Put celery chunks and onion quarters in the chicken cavity. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and insert a meat thermometer into the middle of the thigh meat, not touching bone. Roast at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Combine pear preserves or peach preserves with white wine or fruit juice. Spoon over the chicken. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until meat thermometer registers 170°.
Top 20 Easy Chicken Recipes
Roast Chicken and Stuffing
Tarragon and Chive Roasted Chicken
Roast Chicken With Garlic and Basil