Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- 2 pounds round steak, 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
Cut steak into serving-size pieces.
Combine flour, salt, and pepper; pound into round steak with meat mallet.
In a large skillet, brown meat in hot oil. Add onion and tomatoes; cover and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, or until tender. Add green bell pepper; cook for 15 minutes longer.
Skim off excess fat. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serves 6 to 8.