If you wonder what to do with the garlic scapes you picked up at your local farmer's market, here's a recipe for you. Garlic scapes give this tasty dressing a light garlic flavor and beautiful green color. Here's a larger image of the dressing.
Yield: 1 Cup
- 2 garlic scapes, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard or similar brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a blender, combine the garlic scapes, onions, honey, mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. With blender on low, slowly add the olive oil until well blended.
Makes 1 cup.