Salmon and broccoli team up in this easy, flavorful casserole. A little sherry and Parmesan cheese add nice flavor, and it's wonderful with a salad and baked potatoes.
- 16 to 20 ounces frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups heated milk
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon, picked over and chunked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs
Cook broccoli according to package instructions. Drain and place in a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish. In a saucepan over medium low heat melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove from heat; stir in sherry. Top broccoli with salmon chunks. Pour sauce over salmon. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs; sprinkle over sauce. Bake at 425° for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Serves 4 to 6.
Basic Salmon Loaf Recipe
Janet's Salmon Patties
Salmon and Corn Croquettes