- 6 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 small can (7 3/4 ounces) salmon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- tomato wedges
- grated Parmesan cheese
Combine reserved salmon liquid with oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk or shake to blend well; pour over the warm spaghetti. Cool spaghetti and dressing mixture. Toss cooled spaghetti and dressing mixture with flaked salmon, chopped tomato, chopped celery, chopped cucumber, chopped green onion, and chopped parsley. Cover and chill thoroughly. Garnish salad with tomato wedges and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Chilled salmon with spaghetti serves 6.