Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 bell pepper, green or red, cut in thin slices
- 1 pound shaved steak or very thinly sliced steak*
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices mild Cheddar cheese
- mayonnaise or Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 4 bulkie rolls or sub rolls, toasted
Heat the remaining butter and add the steak. Cook, stirring, until the beef is cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes. Do not overcook.
Heat the broiler.
Place sub rolls or bulkie roll bottoms on a baking sheet. Spread with mayonnaise. Divide steak evenly among the rolls and top with the cooked onions and peppers. Top each with a slice of cheese.
Place them under the broiler just until cheese is melted.
*If you can't get shaved steak, slice partially frozen good quality, well marbled steak as thin as possible.