This easy chutney mixture makes an excellent ketchup alternative for topping your burgers. this tomato chutney is a lightly sweetened and spiced tomato mixture with great flavor and a chunky texture.
Yield: Makes About 3/4 Cup
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark or light brown sugar
- dash cinnamon
- dash allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, onion, vinegar, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and pepper. Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, uncovered, stirring freqently, until thickened, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Makes about 3/4 cup.
Green Tomato Hot Dog Relish
Sweet Cucumber Relish