This homemade pork sausage mixture makes wonderful breakfast sausage patties. Leave the cayenne and red pepper flakes out or use a little less if you want a less spicy sausage. Remember to cook ground pork to a minimum of 160° on a food thermometer. This recipe is easily doubled, and the patties freeze well.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 Patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with your hands until well blended.
- Shape into 8 2-ounce patties. Pan fry the patties, turning to brown both sides, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at least 160° on a food thermometer.
- Makes 8 sausage patties. The recipe is easily doubled, and the sausages freeze well.
Sausage And Egg Casserole Recipe
Sausage Appetizer Squares