Use venison smoked sausage or kielbasa in this casserole recipe.
- 2 pounds smoked venison sausage or kielbasa
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
Remove casing from sausage. Brown sausage meat in a large, lightly
greased skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up into smaller pieces. Remove sausage,
and drain well, leaving drippings in skillet. Sauté onion in drippings;
drain well and pour off drippings. Combine onion, tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and
pepper in skillet. Simmer until thoroughly heated; remove from heat.
Arrange potatoes in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Top
with carrots. Sprinkle sausage meat over carrots; spoon tomato mixture over
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Serves 8.
Easy Sausage Bake With Sauerkraut and Apples
Roasted Potato and Sausage Dinner
Andouille Sausage Hot Pot
Grilled Glazed Sausages