Try this rustic Irish classic for a hearty and delicious family meal.
- 1 pound bacon slices
- 2 pounds pork sausage links
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 large potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large bunch of fresh herbs, tied with string or in a cheesecloth bag
- black pepper
- 2 cups apple cider or water
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Lightly fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain. Crumble the bacon and place in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Pour off most of the bacon drippings, leaving a few teaspoons. Brown sausage in the skillet drippings. Remove and add to the pot with bacon. Add the onions and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until softened. Add the onions and garlic to pot along with potatoes and carrots. Tuck the bag of herbs in the middle of the sausage and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with pepper. Add the apple cider, cover tightly, and cook 1 1/2 hours over medium-low heat; do not boil. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Grilled Glazed Sausages
Autumn Sausage Stew With Butternut Squash
Andouille Sausage Hot Pot
Roasted Potato and Sausage Dinner