Here's a flavorful pasta soup, shared on our forum.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed and minced
- 4 new red potatoes, unpeeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/2" slices
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rotini
- 16 ounces Italian Sausage links, cooked and sliced into 1/4" rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, potatoes and carrot, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, water and rotini; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes. Add sausage and zucchini. Continue to cook an additional 5-8 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender and soup is slightly thickened. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.