- 4 cups frozen baby lima beans, about 1 pound, cooked and drained
- 1 pound mild bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced or shredded carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a large skillet, brown the sausage with chopped onion, carrots, and celery until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink. Add tomatoes and seasonings and cook until hot and bubbly. Add the drained baby lima beans and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
Serves 4 to 6.