- 2 links boudin sausage, about 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- ***Easy Remoulade Sauce***
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery, optional
- 1 green onion, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash ground black pepper
Heat oil in a deep fryer to about 360 to 370 degrees.
Remove boudin from casings and crumble. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. The heat from your hands will help hold them together.
Put flour in a small bowl. Put bread crumbs in a small bowl. Put beaten egg in another bowl.
Coat each ball with flour, then coat with the beaten egg, then gently roll in the bread crumbs to coat thoroughly. You'll need to rinse your hands several times as you prepare the boudin balls.
Fry balls, 2 at a time, in the hot oil until golden brown.
Makes about 6 boudin balls.
Serve with the remoulade sauce or Creole-style mustard.
Easy Remoulade Sauce
Combine all sauce ingredients and blend well. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until serving time.
Makes about 1 cup of sauce.