Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 small butternut squash
- 12 ounces spicy Andouille sausage or similar sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes or whole tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans
- 1 cup corn kernels, canned and drained or frozen, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- hot sauce, to taste
In a large Dutch oven or kettle over meidum heat, cook the sausage in olive oil until lightly browned. Add onion and celery and cook until onion is tender. Stir in flour until well blended. Stir in vegetable broth (or chicken broth), tomatoes, and lima beans. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add squash and corn to the stew, along with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Cover and continue cooking for about 30 minutes, or until squash is tender. Add hot sauce and serve with cornbread.
Serves 4 to 6.
Bold and Spicy Beans With Butternut Squash and Apples
Butternut Squash Pie
Candied Butternut Squash with Cinnamon and Honey
Butternut Squash Cornbread
50 Pumpkin Recipes
Butternut Squash Favorites