Bake these great tasting scalloped potatoes for an everyday meal or take them along to a potluck dinner.
Cook Time: 1†hour
Total Time: 1†hour
- 3 pounds peeled potatoes, thinly sliced, about 6 to 8 cups sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 6 green onions, with about 3 inches of green top, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add celery, green onions, carrots, and ham. Sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender. Add flour, stirring until well blended. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups milk, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly; add 1 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted; add more milk if mixture is very thick. In a 2-quart casserole, place a layer of the potatoes, a layer of sauce, then repeat layers. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes; top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for about 10 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Serves 4 to 6.
Scalloped Potatoes With Bacon
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
Easy Scalloped Potatoes