- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped and slightly cooked, drained
- 4 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- oil for deep frying
Heat oil to 360°. Drop balls in hot oil carefully, a few at a time. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel - lined tray or baking sheet; transfer to another pan or warmer to keep warm if necessary. Serve immediately with Cocktail Sauce
or other sauce.
Makes about 36 shrimp appetizers.