Serve this thick and hearty salmon chowder with crackers or crusty rolls and a tossed salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, cooked
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon boned, drained, and flaked
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter; add celery and sauté until tender. Add flour; stir until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk gradually. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, peas, and salmon. Heat through then stir in cheese just until melted.
Makes about 2 quarts of chowder.
Fresh Salmon Chowder
Quick Salmon Corn Chowder
Easy Salmon and Corn Chowder