Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Chil: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 2 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 12 large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) crumbled goat cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 (4-inch) portobello caps
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 (12-oz.) herbed focaccia loaf, split and toasted
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
Meanwhile, mince remaining garlic clove. Stir together minced garlic, goat cheese, and next 3 ingredients. Set aside.
Brush remaining Tbsp. oil on tops of Portobello caps; sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill caps, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes on each side or until tender; cut into thin slices. Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until done.
Spread reserved goat cheese mixture on cut sides of focaccia. Top bottom half of focaccia with mushroom caps, shrimp, spinach, and bread top. Cut sandwich into 4 wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from Southern Living Off The Eaten Path: Favorite Southern Dives and 150 Recipes That Made Them Famous
Reprinted with permission.