This easy jambalaya combination is loaded with flavor. Rice is cooked with chopped onion and bell pepper then shrimp is added along with mushrooms and seasonings. Serve this easy one pot meal with a tossed salad for a light and easy everyday meal.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 can or jar (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add rice, onion, and green pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add beef broth, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is just tender. Add shrimp, mushrooms, and parsley. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until shrimp is cooked. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with chopped green onions.
Serves 6 to 8.
Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta
Garlic Chicken and Shrimp
Fried Shrimp Recipe
Shrimp and Linguine Bake
Shrimp and Rice Salad
Shrimp Recipe Index
Seafood Recipes Index