- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese (I used more)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (fresh is important and makes this dish)
Coat inside of a regular size oven bag with nonstick cooking spray, or spray a shallow baking dish. Place the bag on a large shallow baking pan.
Cook the pasta in boiling water 5 minutes, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place the pasta in a large bowl. Stir in 1 teaspoon oil and next 7 ingredients. Place the orzo mixture in prepared oven bag or baking dish. Combine shrimp and basil. Arrange shrimp mixture on orzo mixture. Fold edge of bag over to seal or cover the baking dish tightly with foil or a lid. Bake at 450º for 25 minutes, or until shrimp are done. Cut open the cooking bag or remove foil from the baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
Lanie's Note: This is a very simple recipe with great flavor, you can do ahead of time - I also sometimes saute onions in butter/olive oil with a little white wine - cooked down - added to ingredients. Serves 2.