Dottie's shrimp spread recipe is made with cream cheese and pimiento-stuffed olives, perfect for crackers or celery sticks.
The spread is shaped into a ball or log shape. Roll it in chopped nuts or parsley, if desired.
Serve this easy spread with crackers or chips.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 1/4 oz.) can shrimp, drained and chopped
- 6 pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh chopped parsley, chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
Combine all ingredients; refrigerate 30 minutes. Form into ball or log shape. Serve with crackers or rounds of bread. Can garnish with parsley or sliced green or black olives I often leave out the chopped olives.
Roll in chopped parsley, pecans, or walnuts, if desired.
Dottie's Note: Living here in FL. I have even used fresh boiled shrimp chopped fine and have added some sharp cheddar cheese chopped or grated fine in with the cream cheese mixture.Just add a little more mayonnaise I usually put the cream cheese and cheddar in the food processor and chop them fine. I've also used whole green onions in place of the regular onion.