Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Marinate: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 to 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- dash or two of hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine, or use chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops
Stir-fry the shrimp over medium heat until pink. Discard garlic; remove shrimp to a warm platter and keep warm.
Sauté slivered almonds in butter until lightly browned; add the reserved marinade, hot pepper sauce and vermouth or dry white wine. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour sauce over shrimp. Sprinkle with finely chopped green onions before serving. Serve with hot cooked rice or a pilaf.
Serves 6 to 8.