- 1 cup chopped mushrooms, about 4 ounces
- 6 green onions, with about 3 inches green, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced, optional
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 4 to 6 ounces scallops, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Ritz crackers, about 1 1/2 cups crushed
- 12 to 16 jumbo shrimp, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook chopped mushrooms and green onions in the butter for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Add the parsley and scallops and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Add sherry and cream and bring to a simmer. Add crackers and remove from heat; stir to blend ingredients.
Remove shrimp shells, leaving tail intact. Remove veins and butterfly by cutting along the inside of the curve almost, but not quite, through the shrimp. Mound about 1 1/2 tablespoons on each shrimp and place in the baking dish.
Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the stuffing is lightly browned and shrimp is cooked through.