Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 3 to 4 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 scant teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 to 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or Chinese cooking wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Brown the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Remove to a warm serving platter and keep warm.
While the chicken is cooking, combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk to blend. Set aside.
Add the green onions and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and continue cooking, stirring, until thickened. Simmer for 1 minute. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces and serve with hot cooked rice or noodles.
Serves 4 to 6.
Quick Island Chicken
A flavorful pineapple barbecue sauce jazzes up this chicken. Serve the chicken with its sauce over rice or noodles.
Chicken With Herb Sauce
This chicken dish is quick and easy to prepare in a skillet, and it makes a delicious meal with hot cooked rice or pasta. The chicken breasts or tenders are cooked with mushrooms and green onions, along with a simple sauce made with cream cheese and condensed soup.
Creamed Chicken with Mushrooms
This creamy chicken recipe is made with cooked chicken, mushrooms, butter, light cream, and a little sherry. Serve this easy chicken over toast, hot cooked rice, or cooked puff pastry shells.
In this easy chicken recipe, bone-in chicken pieces are browned then simmered with a sweet and sour peach sauce. It's a great way to prepare chicken, and can be made with chicken leg quarters or split chicken breasts.