Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cut in 1-inch pieces or strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, white part, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 jar or can (about 15 ounces) artichokes, drained and cut up
- 1 can (3 to 4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Add mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes longer. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
Add the broth and wine; simmer briskly for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until reduced by about 1/2.
Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a minute or two longer.