Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 8 ounces medium or wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, 85% to 90%
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup water or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces sour cream
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Add ground beef and onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender. Drain off any excess fat. Stir the flour into the ground beef mixture until well incorporated. Stir in the beef broth or water. Add the mushrooms back to the mixture and stir in salt and ground black pepper. Stir in the sour cream and heat through.
Serve the beef and sauce over hot cooked noodles.
Serves 4 to 5.