Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 17 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 pork chops, bone-in, about 3/4-inch thickness
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt or Cajun style seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (or use water or chicken broth)
Combine flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a plate. Coat chops with the flour mixture.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Brown the onions then remove to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of olife oil and brown the seasoned and floured pork chops, turning to brown both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Add the onions back to the skillet.
Combine the juice, vinegar, and brown sugar; pour over the chops. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
Remove pork chops to a plate or serving dish and keep warm.
Bring sauce mixture to a boil and boil for 3 to 4 minutes, until reduced and thickened. Pour over the pork chops. Add wine (or use water or chicken broth) to the skillet and bring to a boil, stirring to get the browned bits. Pour the wine mixture over the chops.
Similar Recipes Using Pork ChopsSweet and Sour Pork Chops
Pork Chops with Orange Sauce
Simple Pork Chops With Apples
Easy Pan-Grilled Pork Chops With Spicy Rub
Pork Chops With Apricots
Pork Chop Recipes for Skillet or Electric Skillet