Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 4 to 6 loin pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10 1/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) small whole or sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, optional
Combine the soup with the water or broth and pour over the chops. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes longer. Arrange on a platter topped with the mushrooms and sauce and garnished with parsley, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.