If you have too much for one meal, you'll be happy to hear that this flavorful taco soup freezes well. Serve this nicely seasoned soup with cornbread or muffins for a delicious everyday family meal. If you don't have pinto beans, use black beans or great northern beans. Take a look at the reviews to see what others have done with the recipe.
Thanks to Mz Suzi for sharing this recipe.
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, if ground beef is very lean
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans
- 1 can (11 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn ,drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes - Mexican style if available
- 1 can (10 to 15 ounces) Rotel tomatoes (or tomatoes with green chile peppers)
- 1 pkg. (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg. original hidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
- 2 1/2 cups water or more, to make soup broth
Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan with olive oil if needed; drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so. When ready, serve in big soup bowls, and have a skillet of hot cornbread to eat, too.
Shared by Miz Suzi
Related Soup Recipes