Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a saute pan or saucier, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute, stirring, until softened and aromatic. Add the flour and stir until blended. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened. Add the spinach and Parmesan cheese, then add the nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until spinach is tender and hot.