Yield: Makes 20 Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces medium mushrooms, about 20 mushrooms
- 4 green onions, tops included, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb blend or dried leaf basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oven to 350°. Grease a baking dish large enough to hold the mushroom caps in a single layer.
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with olive oil. Add the chopped stems and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and continue cooking, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
Combine the stem mixture with the bread crumbs, cheese, Italian herbs or basil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mixture and arrange in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
Makes about 20 stuffed mushrooms, depending on size of the mushroom caps.
Similar Recipes for Stuffed MushroomsCrab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Stuffed Mushroom Recipe With Bacon
Stuffed Mushrooms With Ham
Smoked Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms