Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 4 slices bacon, diced, cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 slice bread, crust removed, soaked in water and squeezed to remove as much moisture as possible
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Remove the stems from the mushrooms, leaving caps whole for stuffing. Chop the stems finely.
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet or saute pan. Saute the chopped stems with the chopped onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cooked diced bacon, parsley, salt, pepper, moistened bread, and egg. Mix to blend thoroughly. Fill the mushroom caps and arrange in a greased baking dish.
Toss the fine bread crumbs with the 1 tablespoon of melted butter and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until nicely browned.
Makes 1 dozen stuffed mushrooms.