Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 dozen fresh large mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash black pepper
- dash ground cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Clean mushrooms; remove stems, leaving caps whole. Chop stems.
Sauté mushroom caps in 3 tablespoons of butter; set aside. Sauté chopped stems, green pepper, and chopped onion in remaining 5 tablespoons of butter until onion is tender; stir in bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix well.
Stuff each mushroom cap with bread crumb mixture; sprinkle each with a little Parmesan cheese.
Place stuffed mushrooms in a greased baking dish.
Bake at 325° for 15 minutes.