Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 green bell peppers, split, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 can (7 1/2 ounces) tuna, flaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- shredded Cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesan cheese, optional
Boil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain well.
Combine onion, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and tuna.
Fill pepper shells.
Mix melted butter with remaining 1/2 cup bread crumbs; sprinkle over stuffed peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish at 400° F (200° C/Gas Mark 6) for 15 minutes.
If desired, top with shredded cheese 5 minutes before the peppers are finished baking.
More Stuffed Peppers