Oysters are the highlight of this savory cornbread dressing. The dressing is full of flavor, and a nice choice for Thanksgiving dinner.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pint oysters in liquid, drained & chopped (reserve liquid)
- 4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes
- 4 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 teaspoons sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cans chicken broth or homemade
Saute onion and celery in butter or margarine. Mix all ingredients together well and pour in a buttered baking dish. Cover with foil; bake at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil and brown.