Apple pecan dressing recipe with chopped apples and bread, along with other seasonings and chopped vegetables.
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 8 slices soft white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Sauté chopped onion and celery in the butter. In a large bowl combine the onion mixture with the bread, apple and pecans. Beat together the chicken stock, egg, sage, salt and pepper; add to the bread mixture, mixing in gently. Place the mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole; cover with lid or foil and bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover the last 5 minutes of baking time.