- 2 pounds sliced yellow summer squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- seasoned salt and pepper, to taste
- buttered bread crumbs (1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs tossed with about 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter)
Combine squash, onion, and salt in a large saucepan; cover with water and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and mash well. Stir in milk, eggs, melted butter, flour and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the mixture into a buttered 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Bake for about 30 minutes. Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake for about 10 minutes longer.
You Might Also Like