This pork combines smoky barbecue sauce with cubes of pork, pineapple, and peppers. This is a simple and tasty meal, great with rice.
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips, or half green and half red bell pepper
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; brown pork in the hot oil. Season with the salt and pepper. Drain pineapple chunks; reserve syrup. Add water to the syrup to make 3/4 cup. Add syrup and barbecue sauce to browned pork cubes. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes, or until pork is tender. Blend cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water; stir into pork mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add pineapple chunks and bell pepper; heat through. Serve with rice.
You Might Also Like
Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
Sweet and Sour Pork Tenderloin Medallions