- 1 pastry-lined pie shell
- 2 cups cooked, peeled sweet potatoes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy, bourbon, or orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
Mash sweet potatoes with half of the butter (1/4 cup). Let cool. Add heavy cream, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, spices, and brandy, bourbon, or orange juice. Beat until fluffy; turn into pie crust. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup butter with corn syrup and pecans; sprinkle evenly over top of pie. Return pie to oven and bake 25 minutes longer, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serve with whipped cream or whipped topping.
You Might Also Like